How to Argue & Win Every Time: At Home, At Work, In Court, Everywhere, Everyday by Gerry Spence
Gerry Spence, one of the noted trial lawyer of America, penned down this commendable book. In his book, Spence states that “argument is not the process by which we seek to destroy other” but rather “a tool with which we can achieve an end, satisfy a want, fulfill a desire”. “Argument” he adds “is the mechanism by which we reveal the truth – the truth for us.” The book makes you a better debater and effective lawyer. Recommended if the criminal lawyers in Chandigarh to brush up their arguing talents.
The Laws of Arguing According to Gerry Spence
1. Everyone is capable of making the winning argument.
2. Winning is getting what we want, which also means helping “others” get what they want.
3. Learn that words are a weapon, and can be used hostilely in combat.
4. Know that there is always a “biological advantage” of delivering the TRUTH.
5. Assault is not argument.
6. Use fear as an ally in pubic speaking or in argument. Learn to convert its energy.
7. Let emotions show and don’t discourage passion.
8. Don’t be blinded by brilliance.
9. Learn to speak with the body. The body sometimes speaks more powerfully than words.
10. Know that the enemy is not the person with whom we are engaged in a failing argument, but the vision within ourselves.